Ancient Britain’s award-winning full day tour ‘Roam with the Romans’ Hadrian's Wall, guided tour, transports you back 2000 years to a time when Hadrian’s Wall was a frontier, a place where two cultures collided.
Our local guides, dressed in authentic costume of the era, weave a narrative from both sides of the wall, the tales of the natives, and the stories told by the occupying forces. Roman history comes to life when you discover just what Britain was like under the Caesars.
The Northumberland National Park provides a magnificent backdrop as we invite you to explore the hidden archaeological gems of the wall by foot, showing you our favourite sections of this breath-taking world heritage site.
After your ‘march’ it is time for a well-earned rest with a lunch break followed by visiting, 2 of the finest museums on the wall. The bestselling ‘Roam with the Roman’s tour truly is the complete Hadrian’s Wall experience.
Itinerary• A Full day guided tour, in English, approximately 7 hours. Starting from Cawfields, Near Haltwhistle, Northumberland, click link for direction
• Admission into 2 of the following museums: Vindolanda, The Roman Army Museum, Housesteads or Chesters
• A leisurely walk along the slopes of the Whin Sill, a geographic feature which the Roman's used to their advantage
• Opportunities to view a Milecastle, exceptionally well-preserved parts of the wall & other archaeological features
• Time for lunch is included in this tour - lunch not included in the tour price
• Distance: The tour takes place across a variety of environments, both indoor and outdoor. There is room to accommodate easier access to tour sites, should you require. See the Leisurely Walk description. We offer lots of opportunities for rest and to enjoy the scenery.
• Leisurely Walk: A walk for reasonably fit people with a small amount of hiking experience, on rural paths. Walking boots and warm, waterproof clothing are recommended
National Park Experiences is a curated collection that brings the stories of our National Parks to life. Each experience offers an authentic insight into the landscape and special qualities of a National Park.
This adventure is perfect for individuals and small groups, and can be tailored for:
- Charity fundraising
- Hen / Stag parties
- School groups
- Dog Friendly
Make this experience your own: Send Enquiry